In the first news on ALYX – Clamp Carrier Automatic Loader, We explained the regular process of edge gluing and its disadvantages. Today we reveal why you need the Automatic Loading system - ALYX.
Benefits of the ALYX Automated Loading System:
- Rapid production: The complete cycle time for gluing and loading is 80 seconds or less with only one operator at the panel preparation position, another partial operator is managing the material input and output
- Less Intensive Labor: The operator tasks are much less physical than before as their new tasks is now oriented on the value-added tasks like color matching of staves, grading of incoming staves before being glued
- Reduced Glue Consumption: End user could expect savings on glue consumption as injection glue typically requires less glue than roller type application by 20% to 30%
- Reduced Panel Cleaning: Having less glue squeeze out on the dry panels results into more productive downstream operations like sanding and planning and increasing abrasive lifespan
- Reduced Maintenance: Systems currently in operation are showing a drastic drop in cleaning hours required on the clamp carrier. As an example, a system used continuously (24 hours) 5 days a week required clamp screw cleaning cycle once every 3 months compare to once a week with an older system
- Rapid Return on Investment: End users in the cabinet door industry have estimated a return on the investment between 18-19 months
- Dramatic Reduction in Labor: End users in the stairs industry have reduced their operation from 3 employees on one shift to one employee and 24 hour operation, increasing the quantity of stairs produced by over 40% with same labor costs involved and 30% glue savings.
*** ALYX system can be retrofit on existing Doucet Clamp Carrier which could
turn the second item less expensive ***
DON'T MISS THE ALYX IN OPERATION AT THE DOUCET BOOTH (#5535)